The LA Femme Society Message Board Official MFP Announcements › Last Minute Meet-up at LB Pride tomorrow with the Long Beach Lesbian Meet-up

Last Minute Meet-up at LB Pride tomorrow with the Long Beach Lesbian Meet-up

Julia
Announcing a new Meetup for madfemmeprideLA: funtastically fabulous queergrrl community!

What: Long Beach Pride Parade with the Long Beach Lesbian Meet-up

When: May 17, 2009 8:00 AM

Where: RSVP for location details.

Meetup Description: Carmen­, new (and bad-ass) lead organizer of the Long Beach Lesbian meet-up, has very kindly invited us to share in their Long Beach Pride festivities tomorrow. They will be offering breakfast, a prime view of the parade, and a BBQ; if you attend please share some MFP cheer by bringing some breakfast goodies or grillable food item to share. (Requested items have included quiche, bagels, croissants, muffins, burritos, doughnuts, pastries, fruit, juice, etc.) You would also be well advised to bring a chair or blanket for reclining.

The meet-up's schedule is as follows:

8AM - Set-up
9AM - Breakfast
10:30AM - Parade

This meet-up is being hosted quite generously by Elissa and the GAP Girls, members of the LB Pride meet-up, and in an attempt to keep from overwhelming them we're only releasing the address once you RSVP. You can RSVP with us or make your way over to the LB Lesbian meet-up and RSVP with them. I would highly recommend their group regardless; Carmen just took up the helm within the last month, and she is already turning out awesome events like this one, so we can look forward to many other great events from this lesbian cadre. Go sign up and give Carmen let Carmen know what a great job she's doing.

I will be stopping by with the Stonewall Young Democrats as we make our way up and down the parade route registering voters. I can't wait to kick off Pride season tomorrow, and I am so grateful to Carmen and the LB Lezzies for hooking us up; let's celebrate!

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­