July 14 thru July 18, 2014
Come join us as we travel through time, 1215 A.D. to the Founding Fathers signing our U.S. Constitution.
Highlights to Experience:
• God's role in the creation of our beloved country.
• Visually travel thru time learning about the Story of the Magna Carta; King John Lackland (who by the way was the brother of Richard, The Lionhearted), first translation of Bible, first printing press and the stories that go with each of these. We now are on the road from Tyranny to Liberty.
• You will be making butter as the colonists had to do, grinding corn to use for their bread and feed their animals, learning about the work the children had to do and play games the children played.
• In rebellion to the excessive taxes King George III levied on the colonists, you will dress as the patriots did in Indian costumes, go to the ship and toss ALL the tea into the sea.
• After signing the Declaration of Independence, you will create your own Pots and Pans Parade and proudly march to the tune pf It's A Grand Ole Flag!
• You will feel what Gen. Washington's men felt as they marched across the Delaware River in their bare feet because our young country had no money to buy them shoes.
• You will sign your very own constitution.
• We will be visited thru out the week by King George III, Squanto, Sybil Ludington and possibly others who will drop in. On the last day we will be visited by George and Martha Washington, Betsy Ross, Lady Liberty, George Whitfield, Frederick Douglas and maybe more. You are to invite your family and friends to come share in a pot luck lunch following the graduation ceremony.
Come you will have fun.
Where is it held? Lakeland 9/12 site at 3705 Century Blvd. Off Drane Field Rd near the Lakeland airport.
When is it held? Monday, July 14 thru Friday, July 18, 2014;. Hrs. Sign-in 8:15 to 8:30. Events 8:30 am to 12:00 pm