Speak Deutsch, Français, Korean, Italiano y Español!What not Message Board › Looking to better your language skills???

Looking to better your language skills??? Why not host a high school student this summer!

Rachael
user 3158748
Springfield, VA
Post #: 123
This summer, I am excited to be coordinating 15 French high school students from various parts of France visiting the DC Metro Area from August 1-August 21. I am seeking 15 host families in the Metro DC area. If you are interested in learning about new cultures and have an extra bed/space for sleeping, you would make a GREAT Host family.

You are invited to take part of this experience by hosting a student from FRANCE!
Trip Overview:
August 1st—August 21st
15 High school students (ages 14-18)
1 adult chaperone
Students will have 3 activities/week to attend as a group, meaning that they will be with you for 4 days. Students are here to see what American life is like. You should Not change your schedule, just include your student in it.

Any couple can host. Married, unmarried, children, no children.

Hosting is a FUN and GREAT opportunity!
- Learn about another culture and language without leaving home.
- Broadens children’s perspectives on the world.
- Contribute to understanding among people.
- Students become members of the family and form lifelong friendships.
- See your community through the eyes of someone new.

Hosting is EASY. All you need to do is
- Provide a separate bed in a private or shared bedroom.
- Feed your Student three meals a day!
- Have realistic expectations of what life is like with a teenager.
- Everyone should be excited about hosting!

No Guestroom. No Problem!
- The student may share a room with a family member of the same gender and similar age.
- The student must have her/his own bed. A comfortable fold-out couch, blow-up bed, or futon is fine.
- A student must stay in a room where he can have some Privacy. A family room or den that can be converted to a guestroom with a door that ensures privacy can be used as a bedroom for the student.

If you are interested, please contact me to talk further or to schedule your Host Family Visit.
Thanks! I look forward to working with you!
Rachael