Looks like a nice Sunday coming up so let's have a Language Exchange Central Park Picnic event! PLEASE READ all of description below so your informed!
We will be BY THE BENCH at park entrance with a MEETUP SIGN FROM 3:50-4:10 PM
We'll be splitting into conversational language practice groups of Spanish, English, French, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Hebrew, German, Arabic & Russian
If you would like to attend, you must bring either:
a) FOOD (would be great if relevant to your language but not necessary)!
b) DRINK with plenty of disposable cups (2 large bottles at least)!
c) SUPPLIES, paper plates, napkins, forks (& knives, spoons) trash bags!
Please, this is not for members that do not want to bring food or new members that cannot come on time, we will not provide a phone number. If you cannot do these two things, please wait for our next indoor event, thanks! Please adjust your RSVP if you will not come.
You can either make or buy something but whatever you bring should be able to be shared with your language group. GUYS especially, you should spend at least $5 on something, it's totally not enough to just bring a bottle of water or a roll of napkins, at least follow the "abc" choice list above! Please be considerate to other members. Location will only be sent to members that provide information about what they speak and what will be bringing.
There may be no chairs, only sometimes available, so we will be sitting on the grass. Bring proper attire, (forecast says 85!) and a sheet! We will split off into groups of 25 and spread out.
You will have option to meet us at a specific corner between 3:50 and 4:10 (20 minutes) or be late and try to follow a map we will send of our location. If you're not familiar with Central Park, please be on time, and meet us at corner, otherwise it will be difficult to find us!
1. When you RSVP, please write what you SPEAK and what you would like to LEARN in the comments section. This way members know if their language will be available!
2. Please CHECK-IN with us once inside the park for a name tag!
3. We are asking all members to spend at least 1/4 of their time HELPING out in their native language! That way we all help each other, you meet people interested in your culture and you make more friends!
4. Please CLEAN UP after yourselves! (coffee cups, papers, etc) Members who don't will be removed from our group!
5. FEE of $1 will be charged to cover the group costs.
Looking forward to seeing you all there!