Looks like rain so lets move our picnic indoors! Bring FOOD, DRINKS, CUPS, PLATES to share guys, at least $5 worth to make it fair for everyone!
F to 57th st / N Q R to 5th ave 59th st / 4, 5 & 6 to 59th st station are all close to the location
Please don't forget next Saturday August 24 is our HUGE LANGUAGE PARTY in an exclusive indoor private space with happy hour all night, language icebreakers, performances & open dancing!
Seating is VERY LIMITED at the location, first come first serve for seats otherwise know that you may have to stand or be placed in a group farther away from others
RSVP if YOU ARE DEFINITELY COMING TO THIS EVENT, if you cannot make it change your RSVP to "NO" so others can come. "NO SHOWS" (putting "'yes" you are coming and then not attending) will count against your membership to this group
If you are using an Iphone, it may show the location being downtown-it is wrong.
This is a fun Language Exchange event from 4-6:30 pm where you get to meet and practice different languages with other learners and native speakers! We split into practice groups ranging from 3-15 people to practice language in conversation, no matter what the level is even if its starting from zero!
You'll see flags on the tables, please get a name tag outside. Entrance will be on the NORTH side of the atrium.
We'll be splitting into conversational language practice groups of Spanish, English, French, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, German & Russian
1. When you RSVP, please write what you SPEAK and what you would like to LEARN in the comments section. This way members know if their language will be available!
2. Please CHECK-IN with us outside the entrance across the street!
3. We are asking all members to spend at least 1/4 of their time HELPING out in their native language! That way we all help each other, you meet people interested in your culture and you make more friends!
4. Please CLEAN UP after yourselves! (coffee cups, papers, etc) Members who don't will be removed from our group!
5. FEE of $1 will be charged to cover the group costs. $2 after 5 pm. You must pay for your guests even if they don't show up due to RSVP space being taken.
Looking forward to seeing you all there