Language Exchange NYC Message Board › PLEASE adjust RSVP if will NOT BE THERE the first hour & other IMPORTANT not
Hello Language Exchange Sunday Members!
Please read this announcement about Sundays event. It is at our usual place but there is limited seating, so we must limit the number of people for this venue. We want all to be able to sit, engage in practice and be comfortable.
1) PLEASE be considerate and adjust RSVP if you will NOT BE THERE the first hour! We have over 42 people on the waiting list who really want to come, so if your not sure, please change your status to not attending.
2) WAITING LIST members, we are sorry but there is limited seating, they no longer allow us to bring chairs from the other side. SECURITY has been cracking down on us, which means controlling how big of an area we take, how many people are standing, etc. So PLEASE don't just show up, it's also very rude and disrespectful to other members who follow the RSVP list.
*NOTE: Members who keep being "No Shows", meaning not showing up when they RSVP and members who just "Show Up", will be removed from the group. We will be enforcing this policy, sorry, we are trying to control the size for the venue and give all the opportunity to attend.*
3) PLEASE go into RSVP once again and write what you SPEAK and want to PRACTICE. This lets others know if their language will be available.
4) PLEASE CHECK-IN with us at the entrance and get a NAME TAG. FEE of $1 will be charged to cover group costs.
5) We are asking all members to spend at least 1/4 of their time HELPING out in their native language! That way we all help each other, you meet people interested in your culture and you make more friends! So for example if your working on your French but from USA, you spend an hour and a half learning at the French table, then give the ESL table half an hour and help out English learners!
6) Please CLEAN UP after yourselves! (coffee cups, papers, etc) and organize chairs and tables when you leave. Members who keep leaving their trash will be removed.
Hope to see all of you there, but if you cannot make it the first hour, please allow someone else to come, thank you!
Gerson, Assistant Organizer