Language Exchange NYC Message Board › URGENT & IMPORTANT!! Please read about Language Exchange NYC!!
Closed to new replies
We are very happy to provide a safe, fun, congenial environment for people to practice their chosen language and experience the joy of cultural exchange! We are now more than 1,730 members! We are growing very fast! We will be hosting more outdoor picnics & cultural classes and coming soon are ethnic restaurant events, museums runs, happy hours, and many other activities!
Sadly, those of you who attended last Sundays event noticed the lack of chairs and space available for all members. This was due to the fact that we had a large number of people show up who were not on the RSVP list, they were either on the WAITING LIST or not on the event list at all. This was in our opinion, very disrespectful and rude to those of you who took the time to RSVP in advance and attend. As you are well aware we only have a certain number of tables available for us to use at the Sony Atrium. Now we have been WARNED by Sony that if people continue removing chairs from other areas of the Atrium, block exits or passageways and continue not to clean up, we will not be allowed to hold our events there. So, we have no choice but to finally put in effect the strict rules we have been posting since the beginning of our group. Of course you will agree with us that if you are on the RSVP list, you are entitled to a spot in our meetup event, so those of you who decide to just show up again without being on the RSVP list (“Waiting List” does not count) will be removed from our meetup group. Be aware that the rules are now posted in our event page, so there is no excuse not to be aware of them. We are sorry that we finally have to enforce these rules and send you all this e-mail, please understand the challenges we are facing as a group. If you cannot get on the RSVP list, know we have events every week so you can attend the following week and every few weeks we do a larger outdoor picnic! Please help us by following the rules so that we can continue to bring you great language and cultural events! Thank you all very much!
If anyone has ideas of larger venues & places to hold bigger events, PLEASE email me at Rudy@NaturalStyleKungfu.com
If anyone has ideas for new events, please email me.
Rules for meet up on Sundays
1. Meetings are only open to registered members who RSVP for that event.
2. Members who cannot make it must cancel RSVP by 4pm on Saturday, allowing members on WAITING LIST to be added to the event.
3. Members who RSVP but do not show up (3 times) will be removed from the group.
4. Members are responsible to find and check in with us as soon as they arrive.
5. Members who just show up that are not on RSVP list will be removed from the group, WAITING LIST does not count.
Rules for Sony Atrium
1. Please do not block any Exit or doorway due to safety issues.
2. Please keep passageways clear at all times.
3. Please do not move chairs from other areas to our area.
4. Please place chairs that are moved within our area back to original location.
5. Please place all garbage in trash can, nothing should be left on tables.
Rudy, Gerson, Frank,
Organizers of Language Exchange NYC
Edited by Rudy on Jul 14, 2012 3:37 PM