addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Language Exchange NYC Message Board › Japanese Language Resource

Japanese Language Resource

Jeff
user 52648142
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Hello everyone! I'm Jeff and I'm currently learning Japanese. I wanted to share some useful sites, tips that have been helpful for learning Japanese. Also, I hope that others can add on to this thread, especially native Japanese speakers. (Who knows? Would also be great if we can start a separate thread for other languages too. ) Here goes:

http://www.jisho.org/­
As the title says, this is a Japanese-English dictionary. I like it because if also offers stroke order for writing kanjis and examples of usage in everyday language.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JapanSocietyNYC­
This is the Youtube channel for Japan Society of NYC. They offer more than just language practice - their "Waku Waku" series goes on to show everything from idioms to customs. Plus, they sometimes provide news on upcoming cultural events happening in this city (Summer festivals, movie screenings and so on.)

Furthermore, I highly suggest people visit their public libraries. I know that the Queens Public Library (the Flushing branch specifically) has a nice collection of Japanese titles - dictionaries, children's books, love stories, movies and music amongst many other things.

Thanks for reading, I hope others will share their thoughts and advice.
Jeff