The San Diego LAN Party Meetup Group Message Board › What to do with lots of servers and bandwidth?

What to do with lots of servers and bandwidth?

Matt F.
user 65622062
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
Hello all,

Cutting right to the chase, I have a 50 Mb/s symmetical fiberoptic metro ethernet circuit which is used for my VoIP hosting business, as well as for providing internet access for the tenants here in the office suites http://www.mirainv.co...­ in Miramar. Recently, a friend of mine in Arizona asked if he could host his DayZ server on my network. He was paying $70/month renting a DayZ server from some company, and it turns out ping times are much better now that he's hosting it here.

So we're thinking about provisioning some of the servers to run as game servers and start renting them out, but it's been quite some time since I was really into gaming, and need to get my feet wet again. That being said, I'm looking for a group to sort of beta test the idea with. So if any of you want to run a game server for a clan or something for free for a while on server grade hardware and on an extremely low latency circuit message me and I'll provision a VM for you and get you started.

So if any of you are interested, message me, or give me a call.

-M@
Brian K.
BrianAnim
Bonita, CA
Post #: 38
Hey thanks M, I'll give you a ring when some of us have decided what game(s) we would be most interested in serving at your location, thanks for giving us the opportunity!
~Brian
Matt F.
user 65622062
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2
Sounds good!