The San Diego LAN Party Meetup Group Message Board › Requests for games to play

Requests for games to play

Kenneth
pinkdeath
Oceanside, CA
Post #: 5
Anyone here a mechwarrior fan? Crysis has a new mod released recently called MechWarrior Living Legends... I would love to get a game going of that if anyone else likes that stuff
A former member
Post #: 2
Hello. I once came to one of your LAN parties and was pretty much blown away by your guys' experience and variety. I'm not what you'd call a hardcore gamer, but I had a great time. But I'm kinda uncertain about coming to another one. The last time I came I basically had none of the games that were played. I basically only have Team Fortress 2 and Warcraft III on my computer... So I'm wondering, before coming, what games I should have in my collection. Keep in mind I'm not rich and don't have much time to game... It'd be great if I could come to the party without any games and just play them for free but I think that only works for Halo.
Chris
user 11376668
Riverton, WY
Post #: 11
Well we pretty much play shooters only. Mainly COD : MW2 (Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2), so if you have that game, your pretty much set, as that seems to be the main game we play. Other than that, having a copy of L4D (Left 4 Dead) is a good idea as well. But at the next meet up we will be playing BF : BC2 (Battlefield : Bad Company 2), it really depends.
SiG
SiG10
San Diego, CA
Post #: 94
Usually when I host, its FPS. But Chase will host sometimes and they focus on RTS
camaudio
camaudio
Poway, CA
Post #: 99
COD:MW2 would be a good one to buy as it will always be played
supcom: FA we can get running on your machine and also Unreal 3
Supcom 2 comes out tomorrow though so the 1st one might not even be worth installing.
A former member
Post #: 1
ah I found the message board!

Will I be shot if I ask about playing DOTA? Are the lans usually ~10?
Chris
user 11376668
Riverton, WY
Post #: 40
ah I found the message board!

Will I be shot if I ask about playing DOTA? Are the lans usually ~10?

I've been to 4 so far, and no one has even mentioned DOTA, let alone played it at our lans that I'm aware of. But I'm willing to play it even though I suck at it really bad.
A former member
Post #: 2
If you have WC3, like dota and want to get a little better I'll play a few bnet games with you. I'm in a hotel for work a few more weeks (4 1/2) so I lag a little... but my friends in Boston have a host-bot set up we can use to host.

I like that there's a little commitment to each match, not a full-blown RTS commitment but not throwing away lives for score like a shooter...
Anatol
apiotrow
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 36
I would like to play WC3. If it can be installed
A former member
Post #: 22
We also really need to do a console party; I've yet to get in on one with you guys!