addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Diego LAN Party Meetup Group Message Board › Minecraft server discussion

Minecraft server discussion

camaudio
camaudio
Poway, CA
Post #: 138
you didnt blow up my castle i hope
A former member
Post #: 45
Most everything is fine actually; your stuff is all good.
camaudio
camaudio
Poway, CA
Post #: 139
damn, you guys have been busy in the creative server
A former member
Post #: 46
I can't believe how much more railway I have yet to put down...
A former member
Post #: 47
Speaking of which, who broke mine?
Pete T.
PeteThornbury
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 27
TL;DR version:

DON'T use "save-off" for any reason, do contact me directly or send a mail to the list with problems / requests.

If I can figure out a way to disable that command I might.

Too Short; Didn't Understand version:

I just now noticed this when I did a server backup like I normally do and restarted the server and lo and behold, none of the work on the subway I've done over the past week is there. It looks like when you disabled saving it stopped saving and didn't even save when I issued a "save-all" command. Even when I typed "stop" and the server said "saving chunks", it was actually not saving. So whatever has been done on creative since the 20th, or whenever you issued that save-off command, has been lost. :(

In the future, do NOT use the save-off command, as it appears to be dangerous and misleading as there is no way to tell if it's been used and it lies about saving when you do "save-all" or "stop". If you had some sort of accident, disabling saving is not going to make it any easier for me to recover from backup. Really, if it was a REALLY bad mess up, I would probably just go in and using MCEdit, add whatever structure got damaged back in using select and area and copy-paste from an older map file. In the future, I'll have the backup do a save-on before doing a save-all before doing a stop, but PLEASE anyone, don't use "save-off" any more. It's not going to help anything. And send an email to the list, not the message board, as I don't see anything here unless I come here.
A former member
Post #: 48
Pete, is the server running the most current version? It's acting oddly; blocks that don't stay broken, big chunk errors, etc.

EDIT: Photos of odd events included:
Nether Nonsense
Chunk Error
Airship!
A former member
Post #: 49
YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

http://www.youtube.co...­
camaudio
camaudio
Poway, CA
Post #: 140