LanSmash Message Board › DeathMatch at SpringSmash

DeathMatch at SpringSmash

JB H.
ZeroBlade
Group Organizer
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 31
from old forum...

It seems Death Match was some time ago replaced with Team Death Match, which saddens me a little. I'm considering and I'll run it based on interest, a free to enter, "Journey Through DM Tourney" on Sunday. Where we play a snappy couple of rounds of a few different DM games, assign points along the way and total those points to determine a winner.

1. Doom II DM
2. Quake 3 Arena
3. HL2 DM
4. UT2004 DM
5. COD?? DM

Basically depending on the number of entrants across the whole tounrey and the number of players allowed in each server instance we'll play between 1 and 3 rounds of each game. I'm thinking of dropping COD and making it just 4 games but interest will decide that.

Now this kinda tourney creates a bit of a nightmare for me to run smoothly especially because it involves several older titles. However if this runs well, I'd hope we could knock it over in 2 hours. This is why I've announced this a fair way out, because each player is going to have to be ready to play each game, so I'll lock down the game version before the event, I'll also create a bunch of servers so you can confirm you are able to conect to each one before the tourney starts on the day. This means you'll actually have to arrive on time, and be ready to play before the tournament starts. The rest of the details I'm still figuring out. Ideally I'd cap this at 16 players, but I've got ways to handle more if interest is there.

What I'd like to know is;

Would you guys be interested in this?
Have I missed any all time great TCP/IP based DM LAN titles?

Happy to discuss any improvements or ideas to make it better, I'll even donate a prize of some sort to make it worth your while.
Sensator
user 14265217
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 7
QuakeWorlddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd­dddddddddddddddddddd
Sean O.
user 22112391
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 2
Deathmatch Classic and HL1 DM (both steam and easy to setup LAN) good solid GldSrc games, great fun too.

Ricochet is also fun, and we could break the TF2 drone with some TFC.