Tails for Trails
10th Annual 5K Fun Dog Walk
Saturday, June 07, 2014 · 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM
• Kurnick (National) Access Area at 259 Cecil Henderson Road in Cecil Twp.
The Walk begins promptly at 9:00 a.m. at the Kurnick (National) Access area at 259 Cecil Henderson Road in Cecil Township. The Turn-Around this year will be at the Tandem Connection where there will be refreshments and prizes.
Pre-registered packet pickup and walk-in registration will be available on Friday, June 6 at the Kurnick Trailhead from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Registration and packet pickup available from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., but the walk starts at 9:00 a.m. The first 100 canine owners will receive a special gift (guaranteed if registered by May 19). Registration packet contains valuable pet information.
Refreshments will be available for both the four-legged and two-legged participants and there will be representatives from several animal-related organizations in attendance.
All participants with registered dogs will be eligible for great door prizes and they can participate in a Chinese auction which will include health and fitness passes, pet supplies and restaurant gift cards.
The Montour Railroad Historical Society will be attending with a display.
• All dogs must be leashed at all times and have up to date license.
• All dogs should wear a current rabies tag and be up-to-date on all vaccinations.
• No more than two dogs per walker.
• No dogs "in heat".
• No dogs that may be a threat to others.
• Event officials reserve the right to refuse aggressive animals.
• Please be responsible and courteous.
• Be sure to clean up after your pet.
• The trail will be open, so please stay to the right.
• NO REFUNDS!
• For further information, you can contact Mary Ellen McKenna at (412)[masked] or Dennis Sims at[masked]-4308.
• All proceeds benefit the maintenance of the Montour Trail in Cecil Twp.