This month's meetup will be held at YP headquarters in Glendale.
YP is also our food sponsor, and will be providing parking validations for the first 40 attendees.
7:00 – 7:15 Open
7:15 – 7:30 Introductions & Announcements
7:30 – 9:00 Presentations
9:00 – 10:00 Open / Networking
We need presentations for this meetup! Each meetup features 3-4 presentations of 30 minutes each, and should pertain to Ruby / Ruby on Rails, or be of general interest to the Ruby community. Please contact Alf Mikula if you are interested in presenting. Include a title, brief summary of your proposed presentation, and a brief bio about yourself. Please see past meetups for examples.
Watirgrid - Parallel Testing with Watir Web-Driver by Xu Cao
WatirGrid is A lightweight, pure Ruby implementation of distributed computing using DRb and Rinda. A simple way to control remote Watir objects in parallel. Cross platform friendly and works on Windows, OSX or Linux. WatirGrid happily runs with WebDriver implementations such as watir-webdriver and selenium-webdriver. WatirGrid allows for distributed testing across a grid network using Watir. WatirGrid allows a local client to control remote Watir objects in parallel, hosted by providers on a grid network, via a central controller.
- Xu Cao, wrapping up contract at Sony MCS project and looking for my next
- Senior QA Automation Engineer, have been working as QA mainly testing Web app since 06
- Switched to PHP developer for 14 months and got PHP Zend Cert. experimented selenium-grid
- Consider myself a software QA automation developer
- Worked on Ruby since 2012, started with restclient for API testing, then watir-webdriver, then watirgrid
- one of a few QAs who love coding and passion of it
- advocate all the latest scrum/xp agile methodology, love pair programming and TDD
Rails RESTful APIs with AngularJS by Danniel Condez
Fat Client-side or "thick client" apps are now a growing trend in Web Development. In this session, we will learn how to leverage Rails RESTful APIs by easily consuming and displaying API data with AngularJS. We will also see how Reusable components(Directives) could speed up our UI development.
AngularJS is a structural framework for dynamic web apps that lets you extend HTML's syntax to express your application's components clearly and succinctly.
Danniel Condez, Software Engineer @ YP- Full-stack Developer with more inclination to front-end work- An early adopter of AngularJS.- Designed and Built successful "thick-client" tooling apps with AngularJS @DTT Surveillance & YP
YP will be validating parking on a first come, first served basis. Park in the guest parking for 611 N. Brand Bl. There are guest entrances on Brand and Doran.