Concrete ideas, tips, and tricks for polishing and self-editing your manuscript. Tips are delivered along with examples and assignments to help you get the most out of your workshop experience. Workshop participants will develop a checklist of techniques, tips, information, and processes for enhancing their self-editing skills and polishing future manuscripts, as well as learn how to make the new knowledge a habit while writing future books.
Learn both the basics and advanced techniques of:
- Dialog and dialog tags
- Whether all forms of “to be” are evil (the answer is no)
- Just what you’re doing to your life expectancy with the use of that exclamation point
- What is overwriting? How can you avoid it?
- Basic and advanced punctuation
- Passive voice vs active voice, how to tell the difference
- Point of view
- What we mean by show not tell. And how to do that!
- Formalizing and finalizing your manuscript before you hit send
- …much, much more.
Lunch will be provided and the event will start at 9:00 am and run until 4:30 pm. It will take place at THE LEARNING VILLAGE / 727 FREMONT STREET BETWEEN 7th and 8th Streets.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS A CHARGE TO ATTEND THIS MEETING FOR BOTH LVRWA MEMBERS AND GUESTS: For more details and for payment options, please visit http://lasvegasrwa.org