The Los Angeles Semantic Web Meetup Message Board › Need Carpool?

Need Carpool?

Alan B.
alanbaker
Pasadena, CA
Post #: 2
LA's a big place and sometimes its hard for some of us to make it across time to the different meetup locations.

If this describes you, feel free to post a carpool request with your location and for what event. And if you can offer someone a ride, let us know from where and for what event.
cb
user 9165471
Elizabethtown, KY
Post #: 3
Interested in attending and can get there via the Bus, but am concerned about getting home, leaving that location at/after 9:30/10pm. Does anyone go by a Red Line Metro stop on the way home and can drop me off? Will be happy to give you a couple of dollars for gas as a thank you!
Alan B.
alanbaker
Pasadena, CA
Post #: 3
Interested in attending and can get there via the Bus, but am concerned about getting home, leaving that location at/after 9:30/10pm. Does anyone go by a Red Line Metro stop on the way home and can drop me off? Will be happy to give you a couple of dollars for gas as a thank you!

Where are you headed? More toward downtown or Hollywood? I'll be heading through downtown LA.
cb
user 9165471
Elizabethtown, KY
Post #: 4
Where are you headed? More toward downtown or Hollywood? I'll be heading through downtown LA.>

Sounds like you would be going by one of them on the way home...can I count on you for a ride?

I saw that you lived in Pasadena, I could probably even catch one of the Gold Line Metros back to Union Station and than to the Red Line, whatever would be most convenient for you, I know how getting on/off the highways can be, depending on which one.

I am in between Hollywood and Wilshire (Koreatown)...will let you know the specific stop when I see you, basically any Metro Line that will get me to the Red Line before the last train works fine. The Red line is the one that runs between Union Station and North Hollywood. (Bet you knew that)

If you decide to cancel, no problem I just will not go. I can check the meetup for a status change before I leave. Worst case scenario, I am sure someone else could give me a ride in a pinch, just did not want to head there without knowing how I was returning. I am not familiar with the bus route back, so better safe than sorry.

I will probably leave out between 4:30 - 5:00 pm on Monday to make the 7pm meetup.

A former member
Post #: 1
If anyone needs a ride from and to Santa Monica, let me know.
Alan B.
alanbaker
Pasadena, CA
Post #: 4
Where are you headed? More toward downtown or Hollywood? I'll be heading through downtown LA.>

Sounds like you would be going by one of them on the way home...can I count on you for a ride?

I saw that you lived in Pasadena, I could probably even catch one of the Gold Line Metros back to Union Station and than to the Red Line, whatever would be most convenient for you, I know how getting on/off the highways can be, depending on which one.

I am in between Hollywood and Wilshire (Koreatown)...will let you know the specific stop when I see you, basically any Metro Line that will get me to the Red Line before the last train works fine. The Red line is the one that runs between Union Station and North Hollywood. (Bet you knew that)

If you decide to cancel, no problem I just will not go. I can check the meetup for a status change before I leave. Worst case scenario, I am sure someone else could give me a ride in a pinch, just did not want to head there without knowing how I was returning. I am not familiar with the bus route back, so better safe than sorry.

I will probably leave out between 4:30 - 5:00 pm on Monday to make the 7pm meetup.

Absolutely, I'll drop you off in downtown.