The Los Angeles Semantic Web Meetup Message Board › New to Semantic web, attending the Sem Tech conference

New to Semantic web, attending the Sem Tech conference

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi,

I am fairly new to the idea of Semantic web and just started reading up some stuff on the various technical aspects. I am going to be attending the Sem Tech conference in San Jose. Wanted to see if there are any Gurus who could make recommendations on sessions/tutorials to attend to get maximum learning experience from the conference.

Also, are there other people in similar boat as me? I want to get my arms around most of the different technical topics, RDF, OWL, SPARQL etc. How are you approaching these? What are some of the packages and software to get some hands on experience with these. I have some knowledge of Database theory (Relations, Tuples, SQL etc.). It appears that people are developing this in similar vein. Anyway, would love to hear your comments.

-Thanks.
Marco N.
user 2316446
New York, NY
Post #: 26
Definitely rsvp for the meetup of meetups so we know your are coming.

On the conference you more than likely want to attend the session tagged as

- Technology

The tutorials on Monday should be very useful and help you to find your orientation for the remaining days at the conference.

Best,
Marco