Have you registered online with Laughlin River Regatta????? Does everyone have a rafts to hook up to? Please reconfirm your rsvp. Weds Aug 7th I have a meeting. call me if you are interested in joining our bucket team[masked]-4821.
REGATTA INFO: (any questions, call LeeAnne McFabulous at[masked])
1. A DURABLE TUBE/PLASTIC RAFT (not a pool toy!) TUBE is good (if you like to be partially in the water for 3-6 hours) or a PLASTIC RAFT (the raft for one person is small). A raft for two is comfortable for one person or a larger water float for more people. Bring a PATCH KIT just in case. ONLY 10 RAFTS PER GROUP! Group rafts can be left at Community Park (shorter float) the night before, but get there EARLY or you won’t get a spot! Inflation Stations at Community open Friday 9 AM - 9 PM (or until storage area is full) and Saturday 7 AM - 2 PM. No inflation or storage at Davis Camp (longer float) Friday, but inflation stations open Saturday 7 AM - 2 PM.
2. Bring the PLASTIC OARS that come with the rafts or BUY ONE so EVERYONE can help paddle (to get back to shore at the end or to push away from the rocks or brush that can puncture your raft if you get too close to the side). MAKE SURE EVERY FLOAT HAS AT LEAST ONE OAR!
3. Thin ROPE/TWINE & CARIBINERS/d-RINGS to attach the rafts together (pre-cut the ROPE about 6 ft., give everyone 2-4 pieces, and attach a CARIBINER on each end for easy attachment/detachment to others. DO NOT TIE ROPE DIRECTLY ONTO OTHER RAFTS -- it’s too hard to untie at the end when everyone is scrambling to get out of the water!
4. MANDATORY LIFEJACKET They won't let you in the water without one and may fine you if they catch you not wearing it. (a man drowned one year because he jumped in the water without his life jacket while he was trying to get his group out of the whirlpool area)
5. WRISTBAND Pick up your wristband (pre-registered or same day registration) and T-shirt and information about what’s going on at WalMart at 2850 Hwy 95, Bullhead City (Th 8AM-5PM, F 8AM-10PM) or at Harrah’s, Laughlin (Th & F 8AM-12AM, Sat 8AM-12PM) - or your rep can pick up all with receipts. Wristband gives you access to the launch sites, river, and free lunch at the end. If you registered through your hotel, check with them about wristband.
6. A LEADER to organize your group. It takes THREE times as long to get things done than you think. And, remember Cell Phones don’t work well in Laughlin or Bullhead City.
7. PARKING & SHUTTLES Schedule people to park some vehicles to the end (Rotary Park) so you don't have to wait for the shuttle bus when you are wet and tired. Parking at Community Park is LIMITED. Drop off and/or limited parking at Davis Camp is $20. From 6:30 - 10:00 AM PURPLE SHUTTLES will take you from LAUGHLIN HOTELS to DAVIS CAMP -- SWITCH to GOLD SHUTTLE (school bus) to go to COMMUNITY PARK if you prefer to launch from there. AFTER 10 AM, ALL SHUTTLES will do a loop from ROTARY PARK (end) to Community Park, Davis Camp, and then designated Hotels. All rafts must be deflated for shuttle storage.
8. WATER TOYS (bubble guns, beach balls, big water guns...(be kind to your own crew!)
9. LOTS & LOTS & LOTS of SUNSCREEN...nuff said.
10. WATER SHOES so you don't hurt yourself - the rocks are jagged. Flips flops DISAPPEAR!
11. WATER-TIGHT CONTAINER to bring a camera, phone, keys, etc.
12. SUNGLASSES/HAT so you're not squinting for 6 hours.
13. WATER & LIBATIONS & SNACKS! At least TWO bottles of water per person (it’s super hot and many people get dangerously dehydrated) and though you may not feel like imbibing at 7 AM, you will when you hit the river. Bring snacks to absorb the liquor and drink responsibly!
14. TRASH BAG Pack it in...pack it out! Do not throw any trash in the river!
15. A GOOD ATTITUDE! Be a team player and have fun! Are we floating yet? :)
MORE INFORMATION WILL BE POSTED ON WHAT BAR WE ARE MEETING AT FRIDAY NIGHT at THE RIVERSIDE HOTEL IN LAUGHLIN