Tuesday, December 29, 2009 12:48 PM
Hey Charlotte Salsa Maniacs,
Here is what is happening so far for New Year's Eve. There are lots of parties and events around town. This Thursday, our usual day to go to Cosmos, happens to be New Year's Eve. I spoke with the manager to see what their plans are since Latin Night at Cosmos and New Year's Eve fall on the same day. Here is what they are planning.
1. If you come to Cosmos before 9 pm. admission is free as usual.
2. If you come after 9, admission is $15.00. That entitles you to snacks that will be circulated, and a Champagne toast at midnight.
3. As for the dancing, there will be dancing but there will be no Salsa class at 10 as is usually the case before the entire floor opens for dancing.
4. The dance floor will open up, but the music will not be just limited to Latin music... although, depending on the DJ and the crowd, we could dominate the scene in terms of the music being played.
5. If you choose to have dinner (which is going to be a four course meal - that is my understanding), the charge is $40 and includes your meal and the champagne toasts at midnight.
On the personal front, I have not decided what I will do. What I have decided is that we will not have an official meetup at Cosmos this Thursday, largely because this is not a typical Thursday at Cosmos; and besides I might want to dance and play in other parts of the city. Yet, if you want to attend Cosmos, I encourage you to do so. Tim (the manager), Julie (one of the hostess who usually takes care of us), will take care of you.
Right now I am thinking about stopping through for a time, but if you want to know what I am up to, you may have to follow me on Twitter.
There is lots going on around town, but now you know the Cosmos story. I plan to return to Cosmos for certain on January 7, as part of our regular Charlotte Salsa Caravan Cosmos adventures. Rodrigo and Wendy will return to do the class (and I will assist) and 2010 will be off and running.
I will send out another email tomorrow with more updates. Whatever you do this week do so with joy, love, peace, and safety. Happy Holidays.
"the Cat in the Hat"