The Charlotte Salsa Maniacs Meetup Group Message Board › Latin Festival at South Park in Symphony Park tomorrow Sunday October 13 - Y'all

Latin Festival at South Park in Symphony Park tomorrow Sunday October 13 - Y'all

Muhammad A.
user 6574800
Group Organizer
Charlotte, NC
Hey Charlotte Salsa Maniacs,

As many of you already know, the annual Latin Festival at South Park in Symphony Park is tomorrow, Sunday, October 13 from12 noon to 8 pm.
It costs five dollars to get in, and there will be booths, exhibits, lots of diverse Latin foods and more, and there will be performances on one stage of local Latin dance artists. And on the big stage near the pond under the Symphony Park dome, there will be musical performances by some of the leading musical talents in the business, including Latin Grammy winners.
You can bring in a lawn chair, or blanket and sit on the grass and enjoy the shows, and often we get on our feet and dance on the concrete in front of the stage, or on the grass where we are.
It is a family event, and I have performed at the festival in past years, and I have videotaped many of the years when I was not performing. But now, I mostly chill and just enjoy it all, eat the food, take in the music, and of course, dance, dance, dance, dance. I do some screamin' too, sometimes until I am hoarse, as the festival is so much fun, and we often find ourselves Yellin at so and so who we may not have seen in many moons.

It is truly a great event.   I love wearing my hats and sunglasses, and just going with the flow.

They have a website with all the acts, and I should be givin you the link, but I can't seem to locate it at the moment, besides y'all are grown and intelligent. You can find it. You will be alright,  but A Piece of Havana on their website will have a link, since they are one of the sponsors.

Well, if you don't make it, you will be kicking yourself in the knee.  And you will deserve it.

See  you there,

Muhammad
"the Professor, the Cat in the Hat"