addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Charlotte Salsa Maniacs Meetup Group Message Board › No Salsa De Soul Class tonight - We will resume next week

No Salsa De Soul Class tonight - We will resume next week

Muhammad A.
user 6574800
Group Organizer
Charlotte, NC
Greetings Charlotte Salsa Maniacs,

I hope this note finds you all enjoying the beginnings of a great Thanksgiving Week.  Just wanted to let you know we will not have our Salsa de Soul class tonight. I am in Boston, Mass enjoying this Thanksgiving week, appreciating the company of loved ones and dear friends, and with these 20 degree temperatures, 20 plus miles per hour wind, and snow on the way, I am appreciating Charlotte more and more, understanding why I left the Northeast (and the Midwest too)... these cold temperatures are beyond belief.
Also I had to hold down my excitement when on Monday night football,  the Denver Broncos now coached by our former Panthers coach John Fox, got out to a 24 to 0 lead by half time; and my sadness when they blew it, losing in overtime 34 to 31.
My lady is from Boston, so you understand my dilemma.  The things we do for love. I hope this Thanksgiving finds you doing your own version of this with the ones you love.
Remember, games come and go; sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose, but being with those you love, now that is priceless and timeless too.

Put the phone down, turn away from FB, and turn toward those in whose company you find yourself; let them know that being with them is more important than being anywhere else. Be present, be in the moment. Then you will have a Thanksgiving worth remembering and one truly worth posting about when Thanksgiving is gone, and the memory lingers on; one that you and your loved ones will relive time and time again.

Well, that is my Thanksgiving message: Be truly present; and of course, don't be present tonight at Salsa De Class, cause you will be there by yourself.

Be safe, and wherever you are, you can still dance (after all, for most of us, we first learned to dance at family gatherings).

Muhammad
"the Professor, the Cat in the Hat"

PS. If you don't dance during Thanksgiving; "no worries," we will dance our stomachs off when Thanksgiving is done.  Enjoy.