The Charlotte Salsa Maniacs Meetup Group Message Board › A Piece of Havana tonight's details

A Piece of Havana tonight's details

Muhammad A.
user 6574800
Group Organizer
Charlotte, NC
Greetings Charlotte Salsa Maniacs,
I hope you are all staying warm in the midst of this rainy and chilly weather. Most of all, I hope you are in good health. Regrettably, I can not say the same.
I have been fighting a cold/flu for a couple of weeks now, and just as I think I got it licked, I come back too quickly, and I have a little set back. As a result, I am going to stay in bed tonight and get fully recovered this weekend so next week we can continue our wonderful classes which we started this past Tuesday.
However, as they say in show business: "the show must go on." And so it will.
We will still be going to A Piece of Havana tonight, but I will not be your host. One of our members, and my dancing/teaching partner, Evie, will be the host; Omar and Sambou will be there too, as well as Sara. So you are all in good hands. But here is an important point that I must make.
If we make a reservation for 8:30 pm., and we don't start showing up to 9, it creates a very big problem for the restaurant. A Piece of Havana has become very popular, so if we reserve a table that sits empty because we are late, and other people are waiting and can't be seated because there are no seats available (yet they see this empty table by the dance floor) you can imagine the difficulty this situation creates for Belkis and her A Piece of Havana staff.
So, our table is set for 8:30 pm.  If we are not there (with at 15 minute grace period), then our table will be recirculated back into the mix of available seating for whomever needs to be seated.  I am sorry I won't be there tonight, but I know you will have a good time.
I will be back there on March 21 (our next meetup), and I will be teaching the Salsa/Bachata/Merengue class at 10. If Evie is up to it, and I know she can handle it, I will ask her to teach tonight's class focusing on Bachata, and Cuban Salsa Styling.
Enjoy your evening. See you next week,

Muhammad