addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Charlotte Salsa Maniacs Meetup Group Message Board › A Piece of Havana Party is on for Friday - Bring your dancing shoes and your

A Piece of Havana Party is on for Friday - Bring your dancing shoes and your dancing attitude

Muhammad A.
user 6574800
Group Organizer
Charlotte, NC
Hey Charlotte Salsa Maniacs,
You know it's that time again. Every 1st and 3rd Friday we bring the party to A Piece of Havana. Between the Charlotte Salsa Maniacs Meetup, the Salsa De Soul crew, and our FB family, we fill the dance floor with joy and celebration that even Kool and the Gang (Celebration) might envy.

The evening starts off with a live jam session by Borique Sublime, of Lucas Torres and Daniel Rodriguez (father and son). Often other musicians who come to eat Belkis Vargas great food, before you know it they are pulling out their instruments or grabbing whatever percussion is available and it is on. They feel compelled to join in.

As dancers we are not to be out done, for the music, like in Pied Piper Fashion, beckons us to the floor. And Like the Siren's call of old, we are powerless to resist. Besides, we go willingly.

Inhibitions are over come, and whether you've had one drink too many or none at all, you find yourself captivated by it all. I can see it now. Don't you dare miss it.

At 10 I teach the free dance class, and DJ Expresso takes over from there, and we don't stop until the break of dawn. Okay, I exaggerate some. We have to stop at 2: 30 am. , but you can leave whenever you got to go.

I will be there at 8. I will be wearing the cool hat and the big smile. You can't miss me. RSVP so we can save you place at the table. Come early.

See you tomorrow Ya'll.

Muhammad Abdullah,
The Professor, the Cat in the Hat