addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Bay Area Laughter Yoga Message Board Laughter Yoga Bliss Group Discussion Forum › So funny, you'll wet your yoga mat: The Spiritual Comedy Festival!

So funny, you'll wet your yoga mat: The Spiritual Comedy Festival!

Alicia D.
user 5568701
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
Dear Laughter Lover,

As we adjust to the new energies of 2013, here's one thing I suggest we try: taking things less seriously. It's so easy to get caught up in our lives, our businesses, our relationships... and we lose perspective, and forget the joy and wonder that life offers in every moment. What's the best way to change this? Laughter!

“I’ve been on a raw food diet for 2 weeks… Ugh, I just found out raw food doesn’t include cookie dough.” -Alicia Dattner

Did you know the average adult laughs only 3 times in one day. Isn't 3 times waaayyy too low? We should definitely laugh more than we eat because: 1) it’s cheaper b) it burns calories from eating.

This is why I’m so excited to share my new event, The Spiritual Comedy Festival. Along with 16 other amazing comedians & spiritual teachers over 8 weeks, I'll be sharing some of my treasured golden nuggets of humor and wisdom on what it means to be human.

The festival is free and takes place online, so you can enjoy the whole thing from the comfort of your home (or anywhere).

Why join us? Because this kind of laughter lets us:

•Get our giggles and our Ah-Ha's in the same place
•Experience ourselves as human and divine at the same time
Strengthen our immune system, endorphins, & resiliency
Awaken our creativity, courage, memory, alertness

Just go here to sign up: http://spiritualcomed...­

This sacred, irreverent laugh-apalooza is filled with internationally-touring, award-winning comedians, and world-renowned spiritual teachers (including Wavy Gravy, Wes “Scoop” Nisker, and Swami Beyondananda!). All of us have a deep desire to share our unique and hilarious perspectives on life, as well as the "really important" stuff like parking tickets, lovers’ quarrels, and waiting in line at the post office. We may even poke a little fun at how much we love to be "spiritual".

Come play with us, and create a life that's filled with more divine wonder, compassion, truth, and best of all… laughter.

See you there!

Alicia Dattner

The Spiritual Comedy Festival