Christmas is a time for sharing love and laughters. Happiness means sharing!
Humanity is the meaning behind Christmas. In this X'mas Eve, we would like to invite you all to join our meaningful event to share love & laughters with the street sleepers in Hong Kong.
Who are the Street Sleepers in Hong Kong?
Street sleepers in Hong Kong might include those elderly people, drug addicts, people with family problems or money issue. And most of them actually have a low paid job. You might notice their appearance on the street, but not all of them have the damaged clothes or bad smell. But each of them have their own story.
Why we are doing this?
People on the street, they also deserve love and care. They the group of people visible physically, but mentally we tried to ignore them.
What to do?
We will visit different street sleepers on Hong Kong Island and give our the food voucher for hot dish we purchased. The whole process will be from 9pm to around 11pm, and we will be on foot for most of the time.
If you know Cantonese, you may like to talk a little bit to them. But even you don't know Cantonese, you can share love by helping to visit them, give the voucher and water to them.
As Nat used to visit the street sleepers in the past as the Integrated Service Team for Street Sleepers in Hong Kong. Here are the notes for buddies considering to join:
1) We will be moving from point to point on foot, so if you want to join us sometime in between 9-11pm, you may try to contact me at my contact number.
2) We need to purchase the food coupons before we kick start, so this time we need to collect the money in advance: please bank in to YOGAMATE Hang Sang Bank Account [masked]). We will arrange the purchase of food voucher in advance from the local restaurant (Cha Chan Ten) in Wanchai. 1 hot dish with a drink will be around $50, so please donate according to your condition. After bank in, please whatzapp[masked] or email to [masked] .
All the bank-in should be made on or before 20 December, otherwise, we do not have enough time to make the purchase.
3) If you cannot join the event, we also welcome you to support us by buying the food coupons to the street sleepers.
4) In case we got too much (never enough food in reality) coupons, we will give them to the integrated Service Team for Street Sleepers under St. James Settlement to distribute to the street sleepers in need.
5)One Street Sleeper will have 1 voucher only, as limited resources.
6) NO CASH or OTHER VALUABLE ITEMS should be given to them.
7) No photo taking of the street sleepers without their permission.
8) For all the buddies who attend, we will have a special Xmas gift for you. :)
Date: 24 Dec
Time & Venue: 9pm at Central MTR Station (TBC)
The path will be :
Central -> Admiralty -> Wan Chai -> Causeway Bay -> Happy Valley / Tin Hau (End Point)
This is our first time to organize this kind of paying forward event, please let us know if any questions or comments.
Hope to see you on this happy day~