LAUNCH NoCo Message Board › Java Developer @ HomeAdvisor
|A former member||
Ever been so engrossed in your code that a day has passed without realizing it? Would you take a hard problem over an easy problem any day of the week? Do you look for the best solution to a challenge, not just the fastest solution or the one that's in your comfort zone? Sounds like you'd fit in here at HomeAdvisor.
HomeAdvisor.com is looking for a mid-level Java Developer to supplement our team of smart, dedicated developers who are ultimately responsible for our consumer-facing web applications and affiliated websites. We’re looking for someone who is ready to contribute wherever necessary in the stack to deliver a solution – and who is a big believer in iterative development. This role will have a direct impact on new product development, and will play a big role in the deployment of some of our most innovative and cutting-edge technology solutions to date.
Things you should know about HomeAdvisor:
- HomeAdvisor.com is the industry-leading online marketplace connecting homeowners to pre-qualified home improvement resources in their area AND we're one of Denver's largest internet companies. Our parent company, IAC, is one of Fortune's Most Admired Companies, and our sister brands include Match.com, Vimeo, CollegeHumor, and Ask.com, among others.
- Our software developers impact how our customers experience our brand every day, and are directly responsible for our company's success in the market.
- We focus on your productivity – need a ping-pong break? If it's how you brainstorm, then by all means, grab a paddle. Need a different OS on your workstation or a new development tool? If it helps you get more done, we'll get you what you need.
- We want you to grow – what technology do you want to work with? What responsibilities do you want? You ask, and we'll let you play.
Some knowledge that you'll have to prove:
- 2-5+ years of concentrated Internet-focused Java JEE development at all parts of the stack, with a solid understanding of things like:
o OO analysis, design and implementation.
o Spring/MVC or other similar frameworks
o SQL, JDBC
- The ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with key business partners in product development, marketing, and test/QA, as well as with external contacts
- The ability to understand and think through abstract problems, contribute innovative development solutions, and be accountable for your actions
Bonus points for:
- Lucene and Elasticsearch
- Web Services, JMS, MBeans
- NOSQL Offerings (Mongo DB, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc.)
- Database modeling / performance
- API libraries and tools (Jersey, Jackson, etc.)
- Nerf dart accuracy
Think you can handle this job? Send us your resume and find out. Please apply online at http://homeadvisor.su....