LAUNCH NoCo Message Board › Manager, Technical Operations @ HomeAdvisor
|A former member||
1. HomeAdvisor.com is the industry-leading online marketplace connecting homeowners to pre-qualified home improvement resources in their area – a homeowner turns to HomeAdvisor every 5 seconds for help.
2. We're one of Denver's largest internet companies, and a member of the IAC family, which includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world – Match.com, Vimeo, CollegeHumor, and Ask.com, among others.
3. We want you to grow – what technology do you want to work with? What responsibilities do you want? You ask, and we'll let you play.
4. HomeAdvisor leads the market in a work/life balance – there's no saying that you can't enjoy your job and the life you have outside of these walls at the same time.
HomeAdvisor is currently seeking a senior-level Systems Admin with a focus on Windows OS to function as our new Technical Operations Manager. This person will focus on leading and growing our desktop operations team, in addition to leading the charge for best practice-focused operational processes to ensure a stable, reliable infrastructure. Our ideal candidate will be a Microsoft Windows technology expert with solid team leadership and personnel management experience who likes a good challenge in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Please note that this position may require working extended and/or weekend hours.
How you'll spend your day:
- Defining and executing on-going administration and maintenance plans, procedures, and operations
- Performing primary ticket admin responsibilities – assign tickets to appropriate teams, troubleshoot process issues, and generally ensure high levels of customer service across the business
- Acting as the escalation point for internal/external customers
- Managing the help desk responsible for upgrading existing machines, troubleshooting application and machine problems, asset management, and generally making our entire team super productive.
- Implementing, administering, and maintaining our backups and restores, upgrades, and monitoring to maintain system availability
- Ensuring proper resource planning and coverage for assigned activities; assuring timely and successful completion of projects to meet organizational goals and maintain quality customer service
The skills we think you'll need to be successful:
- Any combination equivalent to: bachelor’s degree in management, computer information systems, information management or closely related field AND 5 years of technical support experience, including 2 years of supervisory/management experience, 2 years of direct customer service in a technology/customer support environment
- Experience in mixed Windows and Mac desktop environments
- Advanced knowledge and experience installing and troubleshooting Microsoft server technologies and applications
- Solid knowledge and experience with network infrastructure environments, including LAN/WAN and mobile computing environments; functional experience with network security application and appliances (firewalls, anti-virus, malware, etc)
- Experience with server side virtualization using VMWare with VDI is a super plus bonus
- Strong communication, listening, and delegation skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills in tact, patience, and courtesy
Think you can handle this job? Send us your resume and we'll find out. All candidates must apply online at http://homeadvisor.su....