The Portland Law of Attraction Meetup Group Message Board › What are you doing?

What are you doing?

This message board is read-only.

Gary
user 3705628
Portland, OR
Post #: 8
sorry to be new and start so many threads. I just have a million questions! lol ok

What is everyone doing? What are you doing every week or day?

What are you reading? Are you saying affirmations? Do you have a vision board? Are you medidating and how? How are you getting rid of the negativity in your life? Are you going to churches or other groups? Do you visuallize everyday? How do you get back on track when life grinds you down?

I'll start. Have affirmations, say them at least 3-5 times a week and I go through and change them as my thoughts change

reading creative visualization.

Have a vision board, but it's all the material things I want I believe I need to create another one.

Gary
A former member
Post #: 6
Okay, how about a start. Not sure how to use this Meet Up yet. If the Oragnizers can help that would be great.

I tried posting a web friendly image to Photos on this group, as a start.
It is a photo of an ancient Japanese painting of two foxes under snow pines. What do you see from your vantage in this painting? It is material yet not material.
It is physical yet it is Zen - painted by a master while meditating.

Zen Snow Pine Foxes - Meditate - Visualize
Gary
user 3705628
Portland, OR
Post #: 12
Very nice! Thanks for posting that! I just finished creative visualization and I'm going to work through the workbook of it this week. that s the plan anyway!
Gary
user 3705628
Portland, OR
Post #: 14
I don't know how everyone else feels but one of the biggest blocks I have to the law of attraction is my own negative thoughts. It's too easy to get distracted by life and all of lifes little problems! By the middle or end of the day I'm not attracting anything but negativity, confusion, frustration, bad health, conflict, money problems..you name it! How do you get back on track? I think helping each other out would be the best solution to this? Does anyone else feel this way?

Gary
A former member
Post #: 10
Yes, I feel the same way Gary. Most people struggle with their thoughts. Remember we are human. My advice and what I tell myself is this.....,keep believing. Believe anyway. If you still want the dream to come true, believe.
Robin H.
HypnosisLady
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 7
Gary,
Many people start off where you are. I teach my clients little tricks after we have had a chance to release and reprogram the subconscious with new tools that are more in alignment with their current desires.
We run old patterns of behaviors/thoughts/programs that often times get in the way of what we desire now.
Contact a professional to assist you with that.
A good NLP practitioner can help you with great strategies to move your thoughts and behaviors in a new direction.
You will be taught to work with your conscious level patterns as well as your subconscious. Both must be addressed to have long lasting results.

Blessings,
Robin
Gary
user 3705628
Portland, OR
Post #: 18
Amy and Robin,

Thanks I appreciate the feedback!

Gary
A former member
Post #: 11
Gary,

We all struggle with what you described, it's part of the human condition. I would suggest three things that help me.

One: Try "thought stopping" this is a technique where you literally tell yourself "stop" everytime you catch yourself going negative. Then you redirect your thoughts. It sounds silly, but works. At first you may feel like your telling yourself stop all the time, but that slows down as the positive energy around you grows.

Second: Try to figure out why your thoughts are turning. What are you getting from the negative energy? Is there a fear you haven't faced? Are you unsure of your intention? Persistent energy switches may be an indication that you're over looking something.

Third: Be kind to yourself. This is the most important thing. Try not to pull more negative energy toward yourself by being frustrated by your thoughts switching. Intent is the most important factor here.

Anyway, these things work for me. They may not be the answers for you but I wanted to share.....

Juls
Robin H.
HypnosisLady
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 9
Gary,

When beginning, be aware of your verbage, use positive language patterns, say it the way you want it not the way you do not want it.
The mind cannot process the negative . I want to "stop" .... will be the same as I want to...... e.g. if you want to stop smoking, instead of saying I want to stop smoking, Say "I am now a non-smoker" That language pattern is in a decisvie pattern that is claiming what you desire. When you state anything the way you want, follow it up with a joyful, happy, excited state of beingness. Light up that positive neurology. I teach my clients my etch-a-sketch method, sounds silly, and it works. Shifting must take place at the conscious level as well as the subsonscious level.

Many of us get caught up in using move away from language patterns thinking we are doing the right thing, when we are really reinforcing the old pattern by lighting up the old neuro network.

Creating a new pattern takes vigilance and commitment if you choose to do it without guidance. You can do it, just be aware.

When you find yourself using an old pattern, ask yourself, what do I really want. What is my true desire. When you are clear, say it the way you desire it to be and as if you already have it now.

I hope this helps...

Blessings,
Robin
Gary
user 3705628
Portland, OR
Post #: 17
Thanks Robin!