Long Beach Tech Message Board › Long Beach Tech Mixture: Tomorrow... 12.12.12

Long Beach Tech Mixture: Tomorrow... 12.12.12

DW F.
DW_Ferrell
Long Beach, CA
Hey friends, 
We're looking forward to seeing plenty of familiar and new faces tomorrow (Wednesday) at Harvelle's in downtown LBC! Our group has been expanding to include a diverse range of talent, entrepreneurs, investors, recruiters, and other local friends who are working to see our city thrive with innovation.

The date on Wednesday is 12.12.12 (a binary balance point!) and it marks the last Mixture for the year. We're hosting it at a great new venue: HARVELLE'S LONG BEACH. If you show up at the Queen Mary's Observation Bar alone tomorrow you'll be very disappointed... so take note of the new location!

Why the change? What's Harvelle's?

Well, we needed a larger venue to allow for the growth of our group, and we also wanted you to experience this GREAT local find. In fact, if you've been to Congregation Ale House on Broadway in downtown LBC... you were STEPPING ON IT. Harvelle's is downstairs, a hidden gem of the city. It's a great basement nightclub — and the best part? It shares its kitchen with Congregation upstairs. So order up you favorite exotic sausage, flatbread, or micro-brew from upstairs, or a cocktail from the full bar downstairs. In fact, I'm planning to skip dinner and order a savory bite or two!

Why did we choose this location? Harvelle's was established in 1931 in Santa Monica, making it the oldest live music venue on the west side, born out of the prohibition. The new Harvelle's in Long Beach on the other hand is only one year old. We're choosing to support this new entertainment venue, and we trust you will too. The promenade is a spark of renewal in the blighted downtown area, and we want to support the businesses that are investing in it's future. In OUR city's future.

If you haven't already RSVP'd, you'd better hurry... there are only a few spots left! Our event goes from 6:30pm until 8pm, and then Harvelle's doors open to the public. You are welcome to stay without paying a cover. Afterward there's an edgy blues show at 9:30pm: Whiteboy James & the Blues Express. I cannot officially endorse such post-prohibition activities... but the show is only $5 if you want to stay and enjoy the live show.

OK, get those fresh business cards printed... and make sure to RSVP now while there are still a few spots remaining. Add a +1 guest so you can invite a friend like I did. I'll see you at Mixture!
~DW Ferrell