NYC Lean Lessons Learned Message Board › Series C Startup seeking an Interaction Designer to join UX team
hi everyone - we're searching nation-wide for the right designer: please help us find each other!
Knewton has developed the world's first Adaptive Learning Platform, which customizes educational content to create a uniquely personalized learning experience for every student. Our patented algorithms have powered GMAT, LSAT and SAT online prep courses since 2008, but Knewton is now partnering with universities (www.knewton.com/college-ready), publishers and other educational organizations to broaden our reach. We plan to apply our progressive technology and refreshing user experience to a wide range of education markets, offering students a truly engaging, student-centric learning experience across the globe.
Knewton is a mature start-up, with series C (third round) funding from Accel Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, FirstMark Capital, First Round Capital and prominent angel investors. This year, we've been honored as a Technology Pioneer at the World Economic Forum in Davos, alongside fellow NYC start-ups Foursquare and SecondMarket.
So, we're going places. And if this gets you excited, listen up. We need a strong Interaction Designer who will have the opportunity to fundamentally shape our platform and consumer-facing products. You have a BS/MS in HCI or related degree or equivalent experience, and 2-5 years experience designing complex systems of interactions with intuitive interfaces. Preference will be given to people who demonstrate a range of work in rich, consumer-facing web apps. You will join a a 3-person UX design team.
- Help define business opportunities, conduct user research and translate insights into consumer-facing experiences.
- Conduct design research and usability testing
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams in the creation of best-in-class user experiences.
- Create concept models, site maps, user interface sketches, logic flows, schematics, and prototypes.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in product design, social media, mobile/tablet.
- Possess a firm understanding of the capabilities of the latest web browser technology
- Quality Assurance - during development, track and monitor quality of the user experience
- Be able to communicate conceptual and strategic ideas with ease
Working at a startup is different. Are you game?
We move rapidly and collaborate closely. And we get things done. The right designer will possess a strong point of view but be a team player who respects and leverages the impassioned input of those from other disciplines. You are also someone who is not rigid in your methodology, but enjoys the challenge of adapting your process to the varying needs of each project as you see fit. Finally, you are not shy about taking the bull by the horns, organizing your projects and driving them across the finish line. In return, you put your personal fingerprint on a worthwhile product.
Send work samples + resume as well as why you're interested to designjobs [at] knewton [dot] com
This is a full time opportunity on-site at our offices in Union Square, New York City