LevelUp - IGDA Victoria Message Board › GottaCon 2012 Gaming Convention Returns for 4th Year- February 3 to 5, 2012
|A former member||
GottaCon 2012 is in ONE DAY!!
GottaCon 2012 is one day away, starting at 5pm on February 3rd, 2012 which will bring 50 straight hours of non-stop gaming goodness. Whether you like video games, trading card games, role playing games, miniatures, or board games we will have something for you. GottaCon also features a variety of exhibitors, discussion panels, face painting, a Lego kids build for the young and old, a costume contest as well as our ever popular silent gamer’s auction. GottaCon is also happy to have doubled our board game library this year which includes games from; Fantasy Flight, Days of Wonder, Rio Grande, Steve Jackson Games, Mayfair Games, AEG, Zman Games and others.
We are also pleased to release a link to our web version (PDF, 7MB) of the GottaCon 2012 Program. We hope you enjoy it!!
For a complete list of all our events please visit our website.
We are expecting a great turn out this year with almost 800 attendees before the doors even open. If you are part of the line-up on Friday to get through the doors please be patient as we work as hard as we can to get you in as fast as possible.
|A former member||
GottaCon 2012 Wrap-up
GottaCon 2012 saw more than a 33% growth from last year, with more than 1500 people coming through the doors. There were fantastic Exhibitors, and more sponsors, which meant more prizes and giveaways.
- Huge increase in attendance
- Our volunteer team of over 50 "Wardens" did a fantastic job
- Record number of individual events by record number of event coordinators delivered
- Video Gaming LAN was hugely successful and will see an increase next year
- RPG growth in Pathfinder as well as various other systems was significant
- Largest Magic: the Gathering events ever held on the island with one event hosting 134 players
- GottaCon now hosts the largest miniature based event in western Canada...maybe even in Canada with 138 competitive players playing at one time
- Board Games area saw huge growth and was consistently busy, BG library saw about a 400% increase in use.
- Discussion panels were very well attended and will continue to be a core feature at GottaCon
- Lineup Friday night was unprecedented and plans are already in the works to diffuse this issue in the future.
- Space is becoming a major concern given growth. We are exploring options for 2014 and beyond but may have to limit ticket sales for 2013.
- Public play LAN station use in the LAN tournaments caused major delays in the tournaments and steps will be taken to eliminate this issue going forward
GottaCon would like to thank all the fantastic volunteers and event coordinators who came out and made the event great. Also a big thanks to our area managers; Bonnie Beyea, Corey Burger, Dan Erickson, Jules Sherred, Mike Gruber, Paul Puhello and Spencer Whitney. We would also like to thank BC Gamer, CrossXover, eSports Collective, EVO Games, IRL Events, LANcover, M3 Gamers, Magic Stronghold, Raise your Weapon, Skyhaven Games, Standard Action, Starlit Citadel, VCON, VicLUG and Yellowjacket as well as the numerous individuals for coming out and organizing some great tournaments/special events.
If you have any feedback please send a email to Carson Upton email@example.com
Look for more information on GottaCon 2013, Feb 1 to 3, 2013 coming soon to our website!
Congratulations! I made it out on Saturday for a bit and I was impressed with the size and scope of the convention. The atmosphere was positive and everyone appeared to be having a great time. You guys did a fantastic job! Have you considered using the convention centre downtown?