align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

LevelUp - IGDA Victoria Message Board › All-Ages Game Dev Hangout

All-Ages Game Dev Hangout

Chris T.
ctihor
Group Organizer
Victoria, BC
Post #: 16
With the lack of an appropriate all-ages venue for our Main Event meetup, I thought that it might be a good idea to run a casual meetup that can include our underage members. At this point, I'm just trying to figure out how much interest there is and to find a good time and location for this get-together. My thought is that we can hold this after work/school within the week following the Main Event, possibly at the Atrium where Habit is close at hand for beverages. If you are interested in participating, please reply to this thread with your suggestions.
Brandon D.
user 13563032
Victoria, BC
Post #: 2
AFAIK Sebastien and I are the only minors who show up regularly (?). I don't know everybody so that's just an assumption but I think I can safely guess that there aren't many of us minors. I think what might be important is to check how many of us in the 19+ age group would be interested in another monthly meeting in the first place.

If it's just going to be 4-5 of us total attending and if we're only going to be there for the sake of inclusiveness and not because we're actually motivated then I personally don't think there's much of a point in organizing it.
Brandon D.
user 13563032
Victoria, BC
Post #: 3
Okay I sort of misread and ended up not answering anything. Yes I'd be interested! any time of the week works for me, and I think something smaller like at the atrium would work well. My main worry was that there probably(?) isn't enough interest for an entire other grand meet-up. But that sounds good.
Chris T.
ctihor
Group Organizer
Victoria, BC
Post #: 17
I'm thinking that the intention of this meetup isn't to be another grand meetup, but more like a summary of the monthly meeting for those who couldn't attend for whatever reason. Myself or one of the other group organizers will give a run-down of the Main Event, news of the month, and current events and then it's open discussion. We'll keep it casual and low-key and if anyone wants to show off their projects, they can. If there's not a huge turnout, then that's okay, in fact it's probably better with a smaller group. What do you think?
Chris T.
ctihor
Group Organizer
Victoria, BC
Post #: 19
Event posted: http://www.meetup.com...­