LevelUp - IGDA Victoria Message Board › Full Indie Summit 2014 in Vancouver

Full Indie Summit 2014 in Vancouver

Graham D.
Victoria, BC
Post #: 17
Hi all,

As I mentioned at the recent meetup, Full Indie Summit (http://www.fullindiesummit.com/­) has been announced for this summer on Aug 9-10. This is a weekend mini-conference event in Vancouver put on by indie game developers for indie game developers. There will be a number of talks, panels and events all about making games (check out the website for more info).

Last year a few of us went over to the first summit as a field trip. It was only a single day event last time and it was a lot of fun. This year it spans 2 days and should be even better! I am hoping a group of us can go over together again and represent Victoria. For such a cheap, close and relevant event this really is not something we should miss!

Tickets are not officially on sale yet, but I have just secured 5 early bird tickets at $25 each (1 is for me so I have 4 extra). So if you would like to go and grab one of these cheap early bird tickets please let me know by replying to this post. The first 4 people that request one of these tickets will be able to purchase them from me.

We can potentially car pool and/or share hotel rooms as necessary too. I am not sure how fast tickets will go once they are officially on sale, but i recommend securing them quickly.

So who wants to go!? :D
Graham D.
Victoria, BC
Post #: 18
1 of 4 tickets has been claimed by Max
Jacob S.
user 12331890
Palo Alto, CA
Post #: 4
I'll take one.
Graham D.
Victoria, BC
Post #: 19
2nd of 4 tickets is claimed by Alexey Kolosov
Graham D.
Victoria, BC
Post #: 20
3rd of 4 tickets claimed by Jacob
Graham D.
Victoria, BC
Post #: 21
And if there are a bunch more people that want tickets just let me know, I can secure more while they are available.
Chris T.
Group Organizer
Victoria, BC
Post #: 30
I'll definitely want one. Last year was a great time!
Brandon G.
user 74511062
Nanaimo, BC
Post #: 1
I'd be interested in going, definitely. Sounds awesome. :)
Graham D.
Victoria, BC
Post #: 22
OK that is all the tickets gone!

- Chris I have put one aside for you
- Brandon I have ordered an extra one for you
- I have ordered another 2 more for Reevan + guest.

If others want tickets let me know. :)
Graham D.
Victoria, BC
Post #: 23
The tickets are now officially on sale for everyone. If anyone else still wants to get tickets (besides those that I have already got some for as mentioned above) read on below. Here is the email I just received from Alex Vostrov:

Hello Indies,

A year ago, Full Indie held the 2013 Summit, filling the Rio Theatre to maximum capacity. It was a day of talks by indie developers, for indie developers. Many of you have asked if we are holding another one in 2014. We are: it will be even better, and you can get tickets right now!

Last year we had awesome talks from people like Nels Anderson, Chevy Ray Johnston and Shane Neville. Our only regret was that we only had one day to fit everybody in.

Expanding to the prestigious Stanley Stage, August 9th and 10th, we are bringing you TWO full days jam-packed with amazing speakers from around the world. If you missed GDC, or were looking for an event focused on indies, you've found it.

Ticket sales are now open at early bird prices ($25): http://vancouvertix.a...­

Read more about the summit here: http://www.fullindies...­