align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

LevelUp - IGDA Victoria Message Board › iPhone dev

iPhone dev

A former member
Post #: 2
Just wondering if anyone here is into iPhone development? I think it's an excitement platform to be working on.
Fieran
user 12563726
Victoria, BC
Post #: 9
Just wondering if anyone here is into iPhone development? I think it's an excitement platform to be working on.

Andy Fallon works on IPhone stuff. I'm pretty sure there are others as well.
A former member
Post #: 1
I am currently working with iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) for game development.

Andy F.
user 12624284
San Jose, CA
Post #: 9
I am currently working with iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) for game development.

We should link up then, the both of you :) Yeah I'm designing a new game for iPhone and iPad. The board member I am most acquainted with who is also an iPhone developer is Jacob Schwartz. That makes four of us... I wonder if there are any more out there... :)
A former member
Post #: 3
I'm down for a project!

Im currently working on contract basis for the creator of OneMoreLevel.com;

I'll definately be at the next monthly so we can figure stuff out there?
Brandon B.
user 13146533
Victoria, BC
Post #: 1
Hey guys,

I was wondering what are you using to make your iOS games? Are you just working with the iOS SDK or are you using 3rd party tools (and if so what ones)?

I am looking into using Unity as an option to port my current project over. Do you guys have any experience using Unity for iOS?

Anyways, I hope to come out to the Nov Meetup and see you all there. I would love to collaborate on something too.

Cheers,
Brandon
A former member
Post #: 4
I'm actually still learning iPhone dev really; but I figured it'd be better to use the SDK. You get the most options with features and things are always funner to program yourself amirite?

Andy F.
user 12624284
San Jose, CA
Post #: 10

I sort of briefly looked at Unity, but it was before Apple banned (only to later un-ban) intermediate tools for development of iOS apps. I recall one person also having a problem (crashing bug or something) in the lib code, so their app was having trouble even though they didn't write the code, and that blows.

I think it was used in the creation of OMG Pirates!, which I think is one of the best iPhone games out there for animation and quality "feel" in a side scroller. I would consider using it for sure, except that there is a learning curve to learn to use it, and then you create a dependency in yourself on having to use it, and IF there is a cost (I believe there is, and its expensive) then i disqualify it for my own uses, except if well funded and spending someone else's money :)
Sound
user 10415939
Victoria, BC
Post #: 2
I am an iPhone developer! As for whether I use Unity or iOS.. it's neither. I use just enough iOS just to handle touch input and everything else is straight up C++/OpenGL.
A former member
Post #: 5
I think thats probably the best way to do it. But id stick to objective c because its easiest to work with when using iOS isnt it?