Language Exchange - Hong Kong is a local and international community of language learners of all levels that come together to improve their language skills and make great friends.
In this community, people from different cultures and linguistic backgrounds will have the opportunity to sharpen their language skills, while helping others to do the same. Currently we do weekly language exchanges with English, Cantonese and Mandarin and select special events in other languages. Its lots of fun and it's free!
Language Exchange usually starts with a fun ice breaker that gets people talking, then moves to a quick vocabulary lesson. After this, the bulk of the time is spent on actual conversation with each other. At the end of the exchange you will be a better speaker and have a bunch of new friends!
We have fun games and activities that utilize our knowledge of English or Cantonese to learn new grammar points and practice our conversation skills through various weekly topics that are applicable to use in your everyday speaking life.
Try “Speed Swap” - Use the grammar points learnt in class to practice in one on one conversations with a wide variety of people!
This is a chance to have quick conversations with people, without feeling the pressure to hold a conversation!
Try “Group Chat” - Make friends both international and Chinese as you practice points learnt in class in group discussions!
This is a relaxed way to chat openly in the language of your choice and lean new things about your friends!
Who can you meet at Language Exchange?
- At Language Exchange we have people from all over the world!
Meet people from countries like America, Australia, the UK, Europe, Canada and some funny countries you have never even heard of! These people are studying or working in Hong Kong as teachers and business people, bringing a wide variety of skill and background to Language Exchange Hong Kong!
- It’s also a chance to meet Chinese, who may be studying to enhance their English skill like you, or are looking to exchange their native language for yours! Whoever you meet at Language Exchange Hong Kong, you are sure to learn new and exciting things as well as make friends for life!
Do I need to have any previous English/Cantonese/Mandarin skill?
- No, you don’t need any previous language skill, Language Exchange Hong Kong is bilingual so you won’t have any problems understanding! Just come with the confidence to learn something new!
Do I have to speak in a foreign language?
- No, Language Exchange Hong Kong is a relaxed and friendly environment, we encourage people to speak and learn something new, but there are no requirements to speak if you are uncomfortable.
Do I need to bring any English or Cantonese textbook?
- Language Exchange Hong Kong, is based on conversation skill and grammar points, sometimes we will teach from textbooks, but it is not necessary to bring your own.
Can Language Exchange Hong Kong help me with my upcoming english exam?
- Yes, we focus primarily on speaking, however this can aid you in your examinations and give you the boost you need. We also focus on grammar points based used in TOEIC .
Does Language Exchange Hong Kong have age limits?
- No, there are no age limits, young and old Language Exchange Hong Kong is for everyone!
Who runs Language Exchange Hong Kong?
- We are run by international volunteers living in Hong Kong. Anyone can volunteer, including you. Email us if you are interested to volunteer.
Why is Language Exchange Hong Kong free?
The venue, equipment, and resources are all provided to Language Exchange Hong Kong by Lifehouse International Church. This is provided as a service to the local community with minimal cost.
For more information you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or check out our website http://lexhongkong.com/
Language Exchange Hong Kong on social media:
Check out our friends in Japan: