An all-levels class appropriate for beginners, those recovering from injury, and anyone looking to learn more about alignment in yoga.
What is Eischens Yoga? Named after its founder, Roger Eischens, this practice focuses
on alignment, and how to recognize imbalances in the skeleton, in muscle use, in the breath. Taught by Lynn Shuck, a certified Eischens Yoga instructor, students will go from a general practice to one unique to their individual needs. Lynn helps guide students toward balance, helping to reduce pain, relieve tension, and increase energy. Eischens Yoga classes are noted for their use of props, basic postures, weight-resistance, and in-class mini-workshops where students work together to look more closely at how their bodies function in specific poses.
Lynn Shuck, E-RYT, has been a practitioner of yoga since 1990 and has been teaching yoga for over fifteen years. Since 1998, her studies with Kari Tomashik and the late Roger Eischens have deepened her understanding of the inner workings of the human body, and how alignment and energy are inter-related. Lynn taught classes and workshops throughout the metro-Detroit area, as well as maintaining a private therapeutic practice. She recently moved to Minnesota.
Please provide your own yoga mat. If you have blocks, straps, or yoga blankets, please bring those as well. Be prepared to work barefoot.
- When: 9:30 AM to 10:45 AM each Thursday.
- Cost: $12 per class or $50 for 5 class pass (passes have four month expiration). FIRST CLASS IS FREE!
- Contact: Lynn Shuck at 651 - 315 - 3830.
- Please help spread the word by posting: event flyers or tear off flyers.
- Walk-ins welcome! You don't have to be an LHSC member or join this Meetup group to attend. Don't be discouraged if there aren't many RSVPs; there are lots of folks who aren't on Meetup who will be there too.