Locksport International - Columbus, OH Message Board › 2011 is setting up to be a great year for locksport

2011 is setting up to be a great year for locksport

Bill S.
BillSempf
Group Organizer
Columbus, OH
Hi, everyone!

I'd like to lure back those who have slid out of range with a dramatically new format for Columbus Locksport International for 2011.  

First, there is a time change.  To more suit a more user-group like atmosphere, I have moved things to the third Wednesday of every month at 6:00 PM. The first half hour will be spent getting new pickers up to speed, and then a more formal presentation will start at 6:30.

Second, there will be a more structured learning pattern.  In fact, if you look at the upcoming meetups, I have sketched out topics for every month through the end of the year. Auto locks, euro locks, impressioning, pick making ... we have a great year planned.  I think it is worth coming out for.  If you don't think so, shoot me an email and let me know why!

Finally, I have struck up a partnership with the Columbus Idea Foundry, and we will be using their facility to do impressioning, pick making, and a few other cool things.  Alex is a neat guy, and his facility is fantastic.  I think we will do some great things together.  Right now, four meetups are planned for the ColumbusIF.

One other thing - I am looking for other space to hold our meetups that aren't at the ColumbusIF.  If you have ideas for a place that will let us use space for free or real cheap, or for the price of us buying a few beers, then let me know.

I hope I have at least made you consider coming back and hanging out.  I think that this LI branch has a real possibility of opening some eyes in Columbus as to the realities of physical security, and having a good time to boot.   Hope to see you all on the 16th!

S