addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NSL Lockpicking - Los Angeles, CA Message Board › Locksport happenings at Defcon 19

Locksport happenings at Defcon 19

Datagram
user 12673950
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Hello everyone,

There's a lot of must-see lock, safe, and physical security talks at Defcon 19 (defcon.org). This year covers many topics by a lot of great speakers. It's the most lock-related talks I can ever remember scheduled for Defcon:

Safe to Armed in Seconds: A Study of Epic Fails of Popular Gun Safes; Deviant Ollam

Insecurity: An Analysis Of Current Commercial And Government Security Lock Designs; Marc Weber Tobias, Matt Fiddler, Tobias Bluzmanis

DIY Non-Destructive Entry; Schuyler Towne

Key Impressioning; Jos Weyers

Introduction to Tamper Evident Devices; datagram

In addition there is a huge Lockpicking Village and a number of lockpicking contests held throughout the weekend. Some of the NSL members will be volunteering their time in the Lockpicking Village so be sure to visit and say hello. I'd highly recommend signing up for the contests even if you're a pansy and don't think you'll win. This is the last time Gringo Warrior will be run (in its current form) and is well worth your time. The Locksport International contests are also a lot of fun. Hopefully I will have time to beat people at blindfolded lockpicking again.

Hope to see many of you at Defcon!

datagram

Imperial Wizard, NSL Lockpicking