The Boston Area Libertarian Meetup Group Message Board The Boston Area Libertarian Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Parents Decide: Parent Involvement Animation for Educational Freedom

Parents Decide: Parent Involvement Animation for Educational Freedom

Dennis
denpratt
Westwood, MA
Post #: 10
In the not-too-distant future, parents will regularly choose from amongst a wide range of schools that each target specific types of children and families with quite different sets of curricula, teaching styles, teaching technologies, class designs, schedules, education goals, interfaces, etc.

Until we achieve that future, children and families are force-fit into a one-size solution. Even in communities that enjoy more than one choice, the breadth of selection is artificially, coercively truncated, relative to what we could have were we not denied educational freedom.

I would like to create a bold, unapologetic voice calling for parents' ability to select their own children's education. We are currently testing animations that illustrate (I hope, in a fun, satirical way) the absurdity of insisting on a “One Size Fits Few” school for diverse children, families, and teachers.

I wanted to share our second animation in the series with local libertarians:

Is your school good--for parents?

This particular animation suggests that parents not matching the school's model of parent involvement are alternatively labeled "Helicopter" or "Negligent" parent, when in fact it only represents an unnecessary mismatch between the parent and the only-game-in-town school.

Please take a look. It is only 3.5 minutes. Feel free to send me your comments to help guide our next animation.

It would help its dissemination greatly if you could pass it on, "Like It", "Favorite It", and/or link to it..

Also, if you know of anyone else in our area who is passionate about educational freedom, I would appreciate an introduction.

Thank You,
Dennis Pratt
Parents Decide
Our Money? Our Children? Our Decision!