This group originally began as a new moms group but as our children (and families) have grown, so has our group. This group is sensitive to the needs of new moms looking for support and safe places to meet other moms with their babies as well as moms needing toddler-focused play to keep their kids engaged. The goals of the group are to make new friends, have fun playing with our children and even find a little time for ourselves.
Most of our members are SAHMs, but some work part or full-time; however, most meetups do occur during the weekday. The children's activities are geared towards infants to age five. Our group activities are primarily during the week and various times of the day but we do have frequent MNOs, occasional weekend family events and 2 family parties each year.
In Order To Join:
* You should have a child preschool age or younger - our activities are based around this age group.
* You must be ACTIVE as a member, by posting on the message board and RSVPing to and attending events. Members are required to attend at least one event every three months.
* You must pay your membership dues on time.
* You must not frequently no-show to events you have RSVP'd to. Hostesses go to a lot of time and effort to prepare for events, and it is disappointing to put in so much work and have people not show up. After 3 no-shows, you will receive a warning. You will be removed from the group if you have five no-shows.
* You must have a profile (including a picture of you and your child/children) before one of the organizers will contact you. Attending a new member event shows that you will take the time to be an active member of our group. No one will be allowed to join the group until she attends one of the monthly new member meetings, held with an organizer at a public place, and during which time we will ask to see a photo ID to verify identity (We hope you understand that we do this only for the safety of our children).
There is a $12 membership fee to belong to the group. The fee goes to cover the cost of the Meetup website, and a group bracelet for each mom. The rest of the money will assist in paying for two family parties each year. New members are expected to pay after being included into the group within 30 days. Payment of the yearly membership fee will be due at the first of October regardless of when a member joins. In the event a member leaves the group or is removed, dues will not be refunded, for any reason.
Please take a moment to RSVP for events. A "Yes" RSVP should be treated like any other commitment you make. It is disappointing to attend an event that had 12 "Yes" RSVPs only to see 3 people show up. So as a courtesy to the rest of the group, please update your RSVP within 24 hours if possible. Of course, with little ones, sometimes things happen at the last minute - and we all understand that. If there is a contact person for the event, please give them a call (or e-mail them) to let them know of your change in plans.
*A member that RSVPs multiple times "Yes" to events and does not show up will be dropped from the group.
*We reserve the right to remove people who are not participating in the group, or who display rude or inflammatory behavior. No refunds will be given to members who are removed, for any reason.
*The organizer and members may post pictures of events on the site. Children's names will not be posted with the pictures, in the interest of their safety.
*****Do NOT email the organizer regarding products or services. I will not pass them along to my members. All spam will be reported to Meetup.*****
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About The Libertyville Moms Meetup Group||May 20, 2013 11:24 PM||anonymous|