This group is for people who want to talk about the big issues that affect our lives. It is for people who want to take steps, no matter how small, to do something about the issues that concern us.
How can we live ethically in a society that promotes 'Rich Lists', yet forgets about the poor people in our neighbourhoods ? How can we live sustainable in a world where consumerism is closer to peoples hearts than compassion ?
Bring to the group what moves you, be it with enthusiasm or anger, sadness, wonder or joy ! There's too much smalltalk around, let's be the change we want to happen.
Ground rules and information:
- Please refrain from using your mobile phone during the time of the meeting.
- Please be on time.
- We respect each other and listen to each other, trying not to have more than one conversation around the table at once.
- Some of the topics might trigger things for people. Please be mindful of this.
- This group is open i.e. it is not focused on one particular belief system, perspective, view, etc.
- This group is not a forum for people to push personal agendas, such as trying to recruit members into a religious group, trying to market products, etc.
- If you say yes to attending, please turn up. One "did not arrive" is OK. If it happens more than once, you will be removed from this group.
- If you need to cancel your spot, please do it in plenty of time so that someone else can take your place. A day before the meeting if possible ! Not everyone lives close enough to get to the meeting at short notice.
- Each meeting is complete in itself i.e. this is not a series.
- If you would like to suggest a topic for a future meet up, please do so. Suggestions are very welcome.
It's no small matter, how we ought to live.
6 days ago · 6:15 PM
There are many forms of love.
Which form(s) do we value the most?
Is it possible to live a happy and contented life with little or no love?
Some say in order to... Learn more
July 14 · 6:30 PM
Money, Wealth and Power - the root of evil. Yes or No?
Money the necessary evil - it makes people selfish, power hungry, capitalists. This is often the case, don't you think? Is money and power always connected and are they... Learn more
July 7 · 6:15 PM
Do we set priorities in our lives?
What criteria do we use to set priorities?
When we set priorities, do we have difficulty keeping to them?
Let's discuss the above.... Learn more
June 23 · 6:15 PM
success- the truth
Success - the truth.
- What does being successful mean to you and how you do you, personally, go about getting it?
- How do you define success? Is it a rising career, a... Learn more
June 16 · 6:30 PM
Risk-Taking and Getting Out of your Comfort Zone
Hi comfortable are you in trying new challenges/ getting out of your comfort zone?
Are the benefits of risk-taking worthy of the risk?
What level of risk-taking is... Learn more