Life, the Universe and everything Message Board › Beauty - What is it and do we need it ?

Beauty - What is it and do we need it ?

Ziggy
user 21419621
Auckland, NZ
Hello all active ponderers !

Here's the next suggestion to meet up and discuss BEAUTY. What do we find beautiful, what do we find ugly and why ? Can beauty be objective ? Do beauty and happiness go together ? Must art be beautiful to be great art ? Go and visit the Auckland Art Gallery and see the entries for the Walters Price - is this art, is it beautiful ?

I have had a look at the PATIO Restaurant/Cafe in Queens Arcade, first floor, overlooking Queen St. (at the bottom of Queen St., crn. Custom St.) and thought it might be a suitable venue. It was quiet there last Thursday evening and when I asked whether it would be okay to gather there as a group even if we don't all want to have a meal, they said that would be fine. They have a reasonable menu though, Pizza, Pasta, Seafood and Nibbles, like bread and dips etc. and are not as expensive as the fancy Hotel de Brett.

Britomart train- and bus station are just across the street, so it's easy to get to on public transport. There is also parking behind the train station.

We should give it a go and see whether it works.

Hope to see you soon with your beautiful ideas !

Ziggy
Maria
user 14290674
Auckland, NZ
Post #: 1
Sorry, I can't see a date or time for this meeting.
Ziggy
user 21419621
Auckland, NZ
Post #: 2
Sorry, I can't see a date or time for this meeting.

Date is : 6th September, at 6:30 at PATIO Restaurant/Cafe, Queens Arcade, lower Queen St.