Get ready to sweat – summer’s in session and our hot jazz will have you jumping along to the beat.
We’ll be living it up down in Fort Lauderdale at Swing Out South Florida's party of the year. The Retro Beach Ball is a vintage dance bash that will turn back the clock to the jazz age with a live grandpa-style jazz band, authentic swing dancing from the era, a vintage beachwear contest, and a shop full of retro goodies that will help you get in the mood. Not sure how to swing dance? No worries – we have a free beginner lesson for attendees before the main event that will have you hopping in no time. The whole shebang takes place at C&I Studios, a great space with plenty of room to jump, jive and wail all night long.
Here's what we have planned so far:
• retro beachwear costume contest w/$150 worth of prizes
• free raffle w/ private dance lesson as the prize (a $50 value)
• LIVE Jazz Band
• a photo booth inside of a giant shark head
• Vintage Clothing & Jewelry by Jayne
• free beginner dance lesson & vintage swing dancing all night long
• old-timey surf movies projected on the walls
•special guest DJ Tamar Mucha from Orlando
$15 if you purchase tickets in advance on Eventbrite!
Purchase your tickets online here: (http://retrobeachball.eventbrite.com/)
$25 at the door