or just shoot me (awecler at yodle dot com) your resume and let me know you found the posting on the Meetup.
Yodle is looking for a Linux System Administrator who is a creative problem solver, customer focused and able to develop strong peer relationships across departments.
• Responsible for the stability, reliability and efficiency of Yodle’s systems.
• Ensure that business critical data is backed up.
• Configure and maintain Linux and windows servers for production, corporate, development & test use.
• Configure and maintain apache web servers for corporate sites and client sites
• Accountable for owning the monitoring systems (Zenoss)
• Become a partner to software development - help with server setup, monitoring, networking, performance tuning, build automation, scripts, etc.
• Experience building and managing multiple Linux systems in a mission-critical production environment
• Experience with a web hosting environment and Apache
• Experience building and managing Windows-based servers and workstations, and supporting Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
• Hands-on experience deploying and maintaining virtual servers using VMWare
• Experience building and managing a robust monitoring infrastructure utilizing Nagios, Cacti, and other tools
• Experience with developing and utilizing scripting tools on multiple platforms
• Understanding of TCP/IP and relevant protocols, such as HTTP, SMTP, etc.
• Must be willing to provide end-user support
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must have knowledge of best practices and will make suggestions on implementing them
• We have 2 data centers and five offices, so you will be able to install equipment in racks and other locations when necessary.
• Flexibility to work nonstandard hours when necessary (not common)
• Strong knowledge of Linux (CentOS/RHEL, Ubuntu, Debian)
• Shell scripting
• Scripting language knowledge (Perl, python)
• Strong knowledge of networking (especially routing & firewalls)
• Some familiarity with windows servers
• Familiarity with Java & Apache Tomcat
• Some knowledge of Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence) a strong plus
• Some familiarity with PostgreSQL desired (installing, basic config, backing up, restoring)
• Experience working with F5 load balancers would be nice
Recruiter | Yodle, Inc.
50 W 23rd St., 4th Floor
New York, NY 10010