|Sent on:||Friday, October 7, 2011 2:37 PM|
The System Administrator is part of a globally distributed team of highly skilled, dedicated individuals who support high-volume, multi-tier Internet applications as well as Development and QA environments.
· Support of all aspects of the environment (hardware, OS, application software).
· Provide system administration, operational support, problem resolution, and perform hardware and software installations and upgrades as required.
· Design, implementation, testing and documentation of new and old infrastructure components, services and enhancements.
· Application and System health and performance monitoring including responding to production issues and capacity planning and sizing.
· Troubleshooting on a hardware/OS/application level.
· Work closely with Software Engineering and Application Support to isolate and repair problems as well as help drive the operational enhancements into the products.
· Document standards and operating and technical procedures for the system(s) and acts as a technical resource to IT staff and system users.
Skills and Experience:
· 5+ years of Linux System Administration/Red Hat preferred / RHCE Preferred
· Must have 2-3 yrs recent experience in a Production Support environment.
· Must have strong experience with Unix Scripting: shell, perl, python, php or equivalent from an automation and monitoring standpoint.
· Must have the ability to identify and create tools to support everyday tasks, perform troubleshooting and RCA.
· Must have working experience with Backups solutions such as Netbackup and as well as SAN and NAS Storage (3PAR, Netapps, a +) technologies.
· Working knowledge of a some of the following technologies: openldap, nfs, ntp, dns, postfix/sendmail, kickstart/cobbler, jumpstart, dhcp, yum, subversion, puppet, lvs, clustering , server virtualization (xen, kvm, vmware)
· Apache, tomcat, Jboss administration experience is A big plus.
· Experience with monitoring and process management systems (Nagios, Ganglia, HP SM or equivalent).
· Experience with Oracle 10g/11g RAC, Mysql, Berkeley DB, Memcache is A big plus
· Excellent written and verbal skills
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE — Information Technology
The Execu|Search Group
675 Third Avenue- 5th Floor
New York, NY 10017
D [masked] | M [masked]
RECRUITMENT | TEMPORARY/CONSULTING | RETAINED SEARCH
Accounting/Finance | Architecture & Engineering | Creative | Health Services |
Human Resources | Information Technology | Legal | Non Profit | Office Support
This email message originally included an attachment.