The Chelmsford Linux Meetup Group Message Board › Revised - Sr.
Please feel free to refer this position to other groups and people you know.
Position Title – WRJTSSE052012
Revised - Sr. SW Engineer – C/C++ - Unix - Real-Time - Voice/Speech/Signal Processing – Framingham, MA Area
Excellent Compensation Package – Base + Bonus + Benefits – Base Up to $120K DOE
Relocation Assistance Possible for Exceptional Matches (US Based Only)
Sponsorship Possible for Exceptional Candidates (US Based Only) – Must Have Superior Communication Skills
Telecommute Option after Probation Period Possible
Small, Private, Successful, Profitable & Growing, Software Firm, focused on Voice/Telephone Identity Management Solutions that provide Identity, Security, & Investigative Analytical Tools for the Law Enforcement Space as well as other Industries. Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused environment and help them continue on their path of success.
Position Responsibilities – Summary:
A Senior Software Engineer will design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software primarily in the voice and speech analysis domain. Serve as technical expert on development projects. Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design. Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements. Support, maintain, and document software functionality. Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation. Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed. Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements. Consult with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
· Identify and develop tools to monitor the operation of up to 200+ deployments of the firm’s product both through centralized procurement and on-premise installed systems.
· Develop tools to aid in the diagnosis and support of deployed systems
· Streamline (includes automating) the installation and maintenance of installed applications.
· Work with the VP of Engineering to design an architecture that is robust, scalable, secure and is easy to trouble shoot
· Identify risks and mitigation strategies for your own and team feature areas
· Identify, communicate, and participate in the management of technical debt
· Participate in regular design, architecture and engineering discussions including code reviews and support of initiatives
· Proficient in debugging and troubleshooting software, with a willingness to facilitate open and effective communication with internal and external teams
· Maintain collaborative working relationship with others by seeking, using and giving feedback
The SSE reports directly to the VP of Engineering.
Required Skills and Competencies:
Mandatory Skills and Experience
· 6+ year’s software design, code & test experience with extensive, current, hands on experience with Unix and C/C++ programming – Must be very strong with C/C++ & Unix System Administrative type activities – Short Test Required.
· Debugger experience – GDB & Valgrind preferred – Other debugger experience acceptable
· Experience with database design and SQL
· Verifiable skills in data structures & algorithms, coding, and formal test techniques.
· Experience coding using a source code control system - (GIT Preferred) - Ability to design and code medium to large size projects.
· Experience in leading a small technical group with excellent technical writing and communications skills including the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
· BS in CS, CIS, or Math or equivalent
Desirable Skills and Experience - The more pluses that you have the better.
· Experience with Parallel Processing
· Knowledge of probabilistic modeling
· Experience developing voice and/or speech recognition software
· Knowledge and experience with signal processing – Audio preferred.
· Real-time software development
· Experience with UDP/TCP networking protocols
· Experience working with telephone systems – Foundation knowledge with large-scale PBX systems – SIPs based VOIP PBX’s – SIP ALG – Call Routing – QoS – PBX Sizing (Sites, Bandwidth, etc.)
Contact Information - (Resumes in Word Format to);
Gary Wright - President – Wright Associates – High Technology Recruiting Services
Phone - (508) 761-6354 - Email - GaryWright@WrightAssociates.org - WEB Site – www.wrightassociates.org