add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Austin Linux Meetup Message Board › Searching for a VMWare Evangelist/Guru to Talk With

Searching for a VMWare Evangelist/Guru to Talk With

Pleasanton, CA
Post #: 23

Working on a project, and need to find someone who might have expertise with VMWare! If you're in the San Fran/San Jose are, lunch is on me! I'd like to have a short conversation with you about this, to get your thoughts on possible approaches.

I'm working on a project, and part of the project deals with figuring but how to manipulate vmware for the purpose of creating a VM, as well as installing the OS using the cmdline. I need to be able to do this via the scripting process, as the project will be changing the files that go into the VM.

Basically, I'm looking to be able to do the following using the cmdline process:
-Create the VM
-Install a centos/rhel OS into the VM
-Install additional apps/libs into the VM/OS (yum/rpm)
-Copy additional files/apps into the VM
-Update any additional config files within the VM

The resulting VM would be a VM that can be run on the guest system.