addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Austin Linux Meetup Message Board › (Job) Linux System Administrator Opportunity

(Job) Linux System Administrator Opportunity

Jeff
user 13512933
Austin, TX
Post #: 11
I am looking for a Linux System Administrator for a direct hire opportunity here in Austin. I was hoping to network in the group to see if anyone is exploring new opportunities. I have included the description below. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Description:

Our client is looking for an experienced Linux System Admin/Webmaster/overall technology expert. This opportunity is much more than a traditional Sys Admin role. It will leverage your set of technical, analytical and all around skills.

Requirements:

System Administrator experience in a LAMP environment (server setup/install, troubleshooting, monitoring, backup and recovery)
Experience with Ubuntu or Debian Servers
Security excellent understanding of security including SSH
MySQL Administration experience
Programming experience (Java, Python, Perl, SQL Shell or regex) (RoR or PHP would be a bonus)
Experience with mailing list management- ability to pull members from existing Google Group
Experience with source code management (Git)
Experience writing scripts for automating documentation
Basic EC2 and cloud computing skills: Familiarity with setting up DDNS for EC2 and implement backup strategy for EC2

Preferences:

Experience with Single Sign-on
Experience with data interchange (XML, JSON, YAML)
Understanding of SEO

There is no sponsorship available for this opportunity.

Please submit resumes to: jeff at lunadatasolutions dot com