add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Austin Linux Meetup Message Board › (Job) - Enterprise Technical Support Engineer

(Job) - Enterprise Technical Support Engineer

Darran K.
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
I know this is my first post. Please excuse me if this is innapropriate, but ServiceMesh is looking for Enterprise Technical Support Engineers. Our product is on a Redhat / MySQL / JAVA stack and much of what we work with is open source :)

This is not a helpdesk or call center position, but a position where we will be assisting Fortune 500 customers resolve technical issues in their Enterprise environments.

Below are some of the technologies, skills, and abilities it would help to have:

A drive to find resolutions to issues you encounter
Database experience (Select / insert / update statements) - MySQL is what we use in-house
Shell / command line experience in a Linux environment - some scripting experience would help
Networking familiarity and network troubleshooting experience
Troubleshooting / Debugging experience
Great people skills and communication via phone/e-mail
The ability to write about and document technical ideas
Virtual and cloud technologies like VMware vSphere and EC2
Java, Flex, Eclipse familiarity / development experience
The desire and motivation to continually learn - you won't get bored here
The ability to operate well in a team environment
Server OS Experience - Windows Server 200X / Redhat 5+
Maybe you have the desire to transition into a development role?

thank you

darranx at hotmail :)