The Austin Linux Meetup Message Board › January Meeting: BASH - Preliminary Notes

January Meeting: BASH - Preliminary Notes

Bob C.
bob_carnaghi
Austin, TX
Post #: 50
As we're thinking of and headed for the January Meetup (which is on BASH), I'd like to share some of my resources. Hopefully, you'll be a little familiar with some of the groundwork.

• First off, here's a template script that I created. It offers a format for writing script files that will make them organized, easy to read and update, and debug.
  • Here's a link to 'Linux Shell Scripting with Bash' by Ken Burtch. It's good; mine is underlined, worn, high-lited, dogeared, and goes to bed with me.
  • Here's an online resource that is excellent: The Advanced BASH Scripting Guide. There's more info there than you can work through in any single week.
  • The BASH Cookbook is another excellent resource that's full of simple routines you'll be using immediately.

I'm looking forward to an invigorating evening of BASHing at the January Meetup.